April 21, 2011
TOKYO, April 21, 2011_Ube Industries, Ltd. wishes to extend its deepest sympathy and condolences to the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake of March 11. The Ube Group will do everything in its power to support the early reconstruction of areas that were struck by the disaster.
The main plants operated by the Ube Group are located in Ube City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, which is situated 970 kilometers away from Fukushima. The Ube Group suffered no human injuries or casualties from the earthquake, tsunami or nuclear power plant accident, and the direct impact on our business is very minor. At this time, we are working to achieve a secure supply chain.
Note: The above figures for Ube Industries are consolidated figures.
Following is a summary of affected business facilities of the Ube Group, effective April 6, 2011.
- Chiba Petrochemical Factory, Ube Industries, Ltd. (Ichihara City, Chiba Prefecture)
Operations were suspended following the earthquake and until March 18 in order to conduct safety inspections and coordinate power needs. All production lines for polyethylene are already operational. Raw materials procurement has been restored for synthetic rubber production, and all production lines have been restarted as of April 16.
- Ube Chemical Factory, Ube Industries, Ltd. (Ube City, Yamaguchi Prefecture)
As of March 17, the facility suspended shipment of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) oxime to customers, due to the difficulty of procuring raw materials at this point in time.
- Fukushima Factory, Ube-Nitto Kasei Co., Ltd. (Koriyama City, Fukushima Prefecture)
Restoration of the facility has been completed and operations have been restarted as of April 11. For information about damages and recovery of operations, please visit http://www.ube-exsymo.co.jp/ .
- Fukushima Ltd. (Fukushima City, Fukushima Prefecture)
The facility commenced regular operations as of March 22. For information about damages and recovery of operations, please visit http://www.fukusei.co.jp/ .
For inquiries please contact
- Ube Industries, Ltd.
- Investor Relations & Public Relations Department
- Corporate Planning & Administration Office
- Seavans North Building, 1-2-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8449
- Phone : +81-3-5419-6110
- Contact us by Internet.