Preface: Corporate Mission and Social Responsibility
Based on the founding spirit and corporate philosophy of the UBE Group, we will meet our corporate social responsibilities (CSR) in order to contribute to the sustainable growth of society through our business.
- In accordance with laws and regulations at home and abroad, and international norms and guidelines that should be observed, and with respect for human rights, we will pursue our corporate activities in a sound and fair manner.
- We will pursue corporate governance that is in keeping with the demands of society and strive to continuously expand revenues and enhance our corporate value.
- We will secure safety and quality in providing environmentally friendly products.
- We will strive to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities and effectively utilize resources in order to conserve the global environment.
- We will practice appropriate information disclosure for all stakeholders and readily communicate with society.
- As a good corporate citizen, we will engage in social initiatives at home and abroad, to contribute to the growth of communities.
Chapter 1. Create New Value
We will develop and supply technologies, products and services that are safe, serve useful purposes, and earn the confidence of the public.
- We will consistently offer safe and useful technologies, products and services that are environmentally friendly and at appropriate prices, in order to satisfy customers and earn their trust.
- We will seek out challenges and develop technologies, products and services that address the diverse needs of society and pave the way for the future.
Chapter 2. Legal Compliance
We will comply with applicable laws/regulations and internal regulations, conducting ourselves as befits members of a sound society.
- We will comply with the letter and spirit of all laws/regulations, and refrain from illegal activity.
- We will refrain from crossing lines of common decency and social norms, even if it does not relate to violating laws.
- We will observe internal regulations and rules, while engaging in conduct that clearly separates the public and private.
- We will refrain from any conduct that diminishes assets, credibility and public reputation of the UBE Group.
- We will perform proper accounting and tax declarations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We will refrain from having any ties with antisocial forces including having transactions with them.
Chapter 3. Fairness and Integrity
We will promote fair and open competition while executing our work with integrity as we pursue our business activities both at home and abroad.
- We will practice fair trade and compete in the marketplace based on technologies, quality, pricing and service, and not impede healthy and open competition.
- We will refrain from unfair practices that are damaging to competitor corporations and business partners, and refrain from pursuing profits through improper means.
- We will continually maintain sound and normal ties with governments and regulators in all aspects of our business activities.
Chapter 4. Safety and the Environment
We will make it our shared value to prioritize safety in everything we do, realizing safety and security in the workplace and local communities, and conserving the global environment.
- We will secure healthy, safe and comfortable working conditions, aiming to eliminate occupational accidents.
- We will ensure the safety and security of facilities and operations, aiming to eliminate facilities accidents.
- We will reduce our emissions of waste and chemical substances, and practice recycling and suitably dispose of waste.
- We will voluntarily and continuously work to address global warming in order to contribute to a sustainable society.
- We will strive to maintain and improve the health of working persons, who give vitality to society and corporations.
Chapter 5. Quality and Trust
In order to earn the trust of stakeholders, we will continually focus on safety and security in developing and providing products and services that meet customer expectations for quality.
- We will always obtain the latest information on regulations and public standards that relate to quality, and we will adhere to them.
- We will adhere to the agreements with customers.
- We will build close relations with customers and provide the quality sought by customers.
- We will continually improve our quality assurance systems.
- We will develop products and services that can be safely and securely handled throughout the product life cycle, ensuring that we suitably provide necessary information.
Chapter 6. Human Rights and Labor
We will respect human rights and create healthy and positive workplaces that are comfortable to work in, as we pursue our business activities both at home and abroad.
- We will respect the personal dignity of all persons including their personalities and individuality, while promoting mutual understanding and refraining from discrimination based on gender, nationality, race, physical and mental challenges, age, social status, religion, creed and sexual orientation and other gratuitous attribution.
- We will refrain from all inhumane practices including forced labor and child labor, as well as refrain from having any ties with individuals and organizations that are involved in such practices.
- We will promote good communication and establish workplaces that are free of harassment.
- We will be receptive to diverse ways of working and realize a work-life balance.
- We will build and maintain positive ties between labor and management, with an emphasis on mutual trust.
Chapter 7. Protection and Disclosure of Information
We will protect information and properly disclose corporate information.
- We will protect personal information and the information of our business partners.
- We will take every possible precaution for the handling of unpublished corporate information (insider information) and company confidential information.
- We will provide stakeholders with accurate corporate information and disclose it in a timely and fair manner.